MASTERS SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION
THESE SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE FOR ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS WISHING TO UNDERTAKE A MASTERS QUALIFICATION IN SESSION 2021/22
Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the University’s English Language requirements. Some Schools require a standard of English higher than the University minimum.
- These awards are not open to individuals who have already been awarded or are currently studying for a Doctoral degree or equivalent.
- Scholarships start in September 2021 no deferment of the scholarship is permitted.
Selection of Award Holders
- All Scholarships are selected on the basis of academic merit following review by the University of Leeds Group on Scholarships selection panel. No other factors such as financial hardship are taken into account.
- The Postgraduate Scholarships Office will not enter into any communication regarding the progress of your application. Applicants will be informed of the outcome within 10 weeks of the application closing date.
- The University will use the data provided in the application for internal selection and statistical purposes and publish the names of the successful applicants within the University and externally on the University website.
Available centrally-administered scholarships 2021/22:
Home fee rated applicants:
Fee Scholarship and Collection of Small Endowed Awards: Applicants must hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree.
International fee rated applicants:
Tetley & Lupton Scholarship: Applicants must hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to a UK First Class Honours degree.
Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Scholarship: Applicants must hold a First Degree at undergraduate level equivalent to at least UK Upper Second Class Honours degree.
Details of School and Faculty International Taught Masters Scholarships are available on School and Faculty webpages at http://www.leeds.ac.uk/info/130500/faculties
To apply for a Centrally funded Masters Scholarship at the University of Leeds, you need to:
a) apply for a Masters (Taught) place of study
Please leave sufficient time to submit your application for a place of study, ideally 6 weeks before the scholarship closing deadline.
b) apply for a Masters by Research place of study
Once you have received your APP or Student ID number move onto Stage 2 and apply for scholarships by completing this form where you will be asked questions on the following:
- Contact details
- English Language qualifications (if relevant)
- Fee Status
- Area of study
- Employment history, publications, prizes etc
- Further information - eg how did you find out about the scholarship
Points to note when completing the scholarship application:
- Please ensure you have checked the eligibility criteria for the scholarships at https://masters-scholarships.leeds.ac.uk to determine the awards for which you are eligible.
- You should only submit ONE form (unless you are applying to more than one School). If you complete this form multiple times, only the most recently submitted form will be considered.
- If you have applied to study a Masters course in two schools, eg School of Mathematics and School of Physics and Astronomy and wish to apply for scholarships in both of these schools, you will need to submit a separate application form, naming the different Schools. PLEASE NOTE, that although you can submit applications for the same award in more than one School, if you are selected by more than one School for the same award, you will be asked to choose your preferred School, as only one nomination can be sent forward for consideration for any one type of scholarship.
- If you submit the form after the Scholarship deadline it will be rejected.
- You can save the form and then log in again to complete the form.
IMPORTANT: If the scholarship you wish to apply for is NOT listed on this web form, then it has a different application procedure and it is your responsibility to check the masters scholarships database about how to apply.
Email email@example.com if you require technical support in completing this application. No advice can be provided regarding content.